Friday, December 24, 2010

Anger, feelings and I

Yesterday night, I had a dream about my work. During working hours, I was just chit chatting with my friend as usual, but my team leader came over and just sort of told me to do work. Well, he is a nice guy so it is in a half joking manner. However, I retorted that we sometimes need a break and it is not that I did not do work! So anyway, then I sort of got into a mildly heated argument with him but i had my anger under control, not losing control. Just letting some heat out. Anyway, it is interesting to note how anger comes up so quickly. And I also thought about what Ven Revata talked about last night, about not participating in the anger and just seeing it as it is. Well, what does this mean?

There are some teachers who teach you to see anger as not "i" elements. Basically realising that the anger is not me. That we do not identify with it. But that i feel is not the best way. Because, in this way, we still see things as "I" and "not I", creating duality still. But then, what is "I", what really is "I"? It is a big mistake still... Seeing things in this way, "I" just become smaller but there is still the I which exists. We should see things just as it really is. What is anger? What is feelings, other than these things that appear in our mind, like the visions of things that appear in our mind, in our world, like pens and chairs and tables. They are just like that. But feelings like anger, they catch on so quickly like they are they are the hook side of the velcro and we, our minds are the cloth side of the velcro. So easy for these feelings to hook on. But they are just as they are. We must see things clearly.

Also, interestingly, when I woke up, I could still feel the fire, like a small irritation could cause it to erupt, really dangerous...

No comments: