Saturday, March 24, 2007

Coincidence? Or was it meant to be?

Recently, I am involved in an overseas community project and we were supposed to do a book drive today.

Early this morning, i had to buy two plastic bags of ice and bring it to a rather famous temple. So i decided to take a cab there. When i got into the cab, i told the driver that i was going to the temple. Hearing that, he started asking me what i was going to do there and the conversation progressed into buddhism. Happily, we shared our views and when we reached the temple, the cab driver refused to accept my money and said that he was happy to have met me and he takes it as donation to the temple as well as to my cause. How amazing is that!!

What is even more amazing is i had missed 2 cabs to get into that one. The first cab was in a far lane and could not change lane to my side of the road in time as another vehicle was obstructing his way. As for the second cab, i had a choice between choosing it and the third cab. The third cab was doing a u-turn and while the second cab was a Mercedes cab. Thinking that the Merc cab would be more expensive, i waited for it to pass before flagging for the third cab and got my free ride. Is this a coincidence? Or was it meant to be?? Haha, how interesting.

No comments: