Monday, February 18, 2008

Prayer of the heart


All misdeeds through endless past,

Born of ignorance, greed and hate,

Committed through body, speech, mind,

I now repent at Buddha's feet.


Karma arises of the mind,

And of the mind is repentance found.

If so the mind disappears,

Karma follows and so falls through.


Mind gone,

karma lost,

both being empty,

Such is called of true repentance.


I now vow,

In the Buddha's Hall,

To follow through,

With the Buddha's Way.


To bring to shore the limitless beings,

To cut through all greed, anger, delusion.

To master all the Dharma Gates,

To step right through to the unsurpassed.


To all who gathered,

I bow to your feet.

In reverence, determination

And in repentance.


Please bear witness to this vow,

I beseech you all Great Bodhisattvas.

If one day, my heart is shaken.

Please help me regain my way.

No comments: