Friday, June 13, 2008

1 litre of tears part 3

Inconveniencing everyone, yet having to say sorry to everyone with a smile....that is truely a tough order...having to face that kind of stare, wish to just disappear into thin air....

That heart to carry on struggling. To only go forward. I think that is the only prove of our worth.

Sometimes we may advice ppl not to do things, not to fall into traps. But they do not listen. What can we do? I think sometimes it is better to just let them experience it for themselves rather than create more negativity between the two parties.. It is a phase of growing up. They have to experience it themselves to learn and grow up and become stronger. We can only stand by and watch and cushion their fall. My dad always says that is it better to keep the communication channel open between two ppl rather than break it. Cos once broken, even if you want to help, you would not be able to do anything.

In episode 5, when they break the news of Aya's illness to the family, the younger sister, Ako, says that they can't just sudedenly say things like that. That there is no cure for the illness. And she is lost and asks what she should do. The father then explains that it is simple, when a person is in need, we help. When a person is sad and cry, we ask what is wrong. this reminds me of the what Maser Seung Sahn used to say of when is person is hungry you give them food. Basic thing, basic compassion. Many times i think we have this heart, but due to other things like pride, we do not extend our hand. Actually things may just be so simple.

Aya says 'I am...who I am" which is contrary to the 'Yesterday's Aya is no more'. Which means, this 'I', this "Aya' changes every single moment. So when I say I, I am the I now, not just now, not yeterday, not tmr. I am the I now.This is to be in oneness with who you are in the moment. Which means you have no delusion that you are something other than who you are. For example, Aya is not stuck with the image of who she was in the past, that she is a basketball player with everything in the world. She accepts who she is now, someone who cannot really walk well, a disabled. And I think that's where we can start to work things out.

No comments: