Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My dear Buddhism

Oh my god! I love buddhism sooooo much. Spent the last few days watching Buddhist videos, downloading buddhist videos, buying buddhist books etc.

Got one book by Shibayama Roshi on the Mumonkan, one tranlation of Dogen by Tanahashi, one commentary by Ven Tich Nhat Hanh(Nothing to do, nowhere to go) on the Record of the Zen Teachings of master Rinzai(Linji), one book on Rituals and lithurgy called Bringing the Sacred to Life By John Daido Loori, and another book which is the english translation of Soko Moringa's autobiography. I just LOOOOVE biographies, they detail the steps a master took to become a master.

Recently I just finished Ajahn Lee's Autobiography. Finally!

And I am also reading this book by Chong An Sunim: The Flowers and the Bee. I like this book a lot, it is very down to earth Dharma. Very simple and clear. I just like the style of Chong An Sunim. Got a few videos of him.

Haha, as you can see, I have been chasing after externals of Buddhism for the last few weeks. When will I make other ppls' words my own?

Oh yea, I also got some videos of Shodo Harada Roshi. Very interesting. Never really noticed him until now. A disciple of the Master Yamada Mumon. Din know such a master existed until now.

Oh....my english has been rather terrible lately, can't even express something in proper english. Got to do something about it. Hmmm....change...

Watch..

No comments: